Izumigadake Ski Resort
- Izumigadake Ski Resort is located within a 30-minute car ride from the downtown Sendai and it is an urban-type ski resort offering nighttime operation on weekends where skiers glide on snow while enjoying the night view of the Sendai City. The area includes gentle slopes and intermediate slopes with good reputation among families. In addition, there is a long and steep slope with maximum incline of 38 degrees which can satisfy the veteran skiers.
9-4 Dakeyama, Fukuoka-aza, Izumi-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
Spring Valley Izumi Kogen Ski Resort
- Although compact in size, the Spring Valley Izumi Kogen Resort offers a variety of ski runs and courses including the steep mogul runs and the snow park catering for all types skiers from the families to free stylers. The greatest appeal is its location within a 40-minute car ride from the downtown Sendai and with the nighttime skiing in operation, many people visit there for skiing/boarding after work.
14-2 Dakeyama, Fukuoka-aza, Izumi-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
St. MARY Ski Resort
- St. MARY Ski Resort is unique in that the Yamagata Expressway passes through the pistes and during the nighttime operation, skiers can experience skiing in parallel with the lights of the vehicle running on the expressway. The resort is well reputed due to its good access from the Sasagaya Interchange by only two-minute car ride. The area incudes gentle slopes, steep slopes, moguls slopes and a snow park catering for a wide range snow sports lovers. Both amount of accumulated snow and snow quality are stable and skiers and snow boarders can enjoy skiing on powder snow during the peak season. The snow park is equipped with well-maintained recreational items and objects and is safe to play there.
3-10 Inosawa, Imajyuku-aza, Kawasakimachi-oaza, Shibata-gun, Miyagi
Miyagi Zao Eboshi Ski Resort
- Surrounded by the majestic Mount Iwate and Hachimantai, the Hachimantai Resort Shimokura Ski Resort caters to mainly moderate and advanced skiers. The snowfall and snow quality is also stable every year and during the peak season, you can get to enjoy silky powder snow in the non-compacted areas etc. A permanent snow ride area equipped with a range of items such as jump cars, kickers, banks, etc., is available at the bottom of the white course, allowing even beginners to have fun. Information on the non-compacted snow zones for the day can be found at the powder station. As you can transfer to the Panorama Ski Resort located in the same resort using the shuttle bus service, you will be able to enjoy skiing on 14 courses in 2 ski resorts.
Hachimantai Onsenkyo, Hachimantai-shi, Iwate Prefecture
Miyagi Zao Shiroishi Ski Resort
- Miyagi Zao Shiroishi Ski Resort has a total of seven varied runs in the foot of Mt Fubozan taking advantage of the natural topographic features and though a compact in size, it satisfies and caters for all levels of skiers from beginner to experts. Both snow accumulation and snow quality are excellent and you can enjoy fresh powder snow during the peak season. The lower section of the area features wide and flat runs suitable for beginners and the higher section features steeper slopes and non-compacted snow runs. There is a super gentle slope independent from other runs and the beginners and families can practice skiing safely. The attraction area with the banks and waves installed is also exciting.
Fubozan, Fukuokayatsumiya, Shiroishi-shi, Miyagi
Miyagi Zao Ski Resort Sumikawa Snow Park
- The Miyagi Zao Sumikawa Snow Park is divided into the gently sloping Sumikawa Gelande and the Atomi Gelande which consists of mainly moderate to steep slopes. The snowfall and snow quality is exceptional every year and the season opens in early Dec and ends in early Apr. During the peak season, you can get to enjoy good-quality powder snow every day. There is a terrain park equipped with an extensive range of items and equipment at the bottom of the first lift at the Sumikawa Course B, attracting many free-style skiers. With a cat tour, it is a ski resort that is popular among powder freaks as well.