Appi Kogen Ski Resort
- Appi Kogen Ski Resort is one of the largest ski resorts in Tohoku region, which has 18 lifts and various courses that is composed of 21 courses in total. The snow quality is quite good since there are many northward slopes, being situated in Mount Maemori whose altitude is 1305 m and in Mount Nishimori whose altitude is 1328 m. Overall the layout is mainly long courses. There are middle upper slopes in higher areas, and in lower areas, there are wide and gentle slopes that are suitable for beginners. Yamabato Course that has the longest ski distance 5.5 km can be enjoyed even by beginners. As a whole, the resort is well-maintained, and it is also a ski resort where you can enjoy pleasant high-speed carving turn. As there are plenty of course variations, anyway, you will have the fun of choosing the course, depending on the purpose or level. The number of non-compacted snow slope has been increasing recently; you can enjoy the powder snow that is said to be one of the best in Tohoku.
Appi Kogen, Hachimantai-shi, Iwate
Iwate Kogen Snow Park
- Iwate Kogen Snow Park is a ski resort that has various types of course layouts, which making good use of the natural terrain of Mount Iwate. Being well-balanced between non-compacted snow area and on-piste, you can enjoy regardless of the level, as there is a wide, gentle slope near the base area. Both the amount of snow and snow quality are good enough to enjoy exquisite powder snow in the peak season. Grenoble 1 and Squaw Valley, located in high areas, are non-compacted snow courses, which would be recommended for those who like the powder snow. There are three snow parks that are classified, depending on the level, so you would be happy with the fact that you can practice in the park that is suitable for your skill. As family kids ski slope, kids park, and so on are prepared in the base area; even small children can play in the snow with no worries.
Iwateyama, Nagayama, Shizukuishi-cho, Iwate-gun, Iwate
Geto Kogen Ski Resort
- Geto Kogen Ski Resort is on the northward slope and is in the heavy snowy whose snow accumulation is over 4 m every year on average during the peak season. The ski slopes spread horizontally around the ridge, and are prepared with well-balanced courses from beginner courses to expert ones. Thanks to 2 gondolas and the lift facility that has the mobility of high-speed quads, you can enjoy skiing efficiently, using all 14 courses. Long course being the main, there are also non-compacted snow area and mogul slope and so on, which are for intermediate and advanced skiers, which would be good enough to enjoy skiing. Because of the high quality of the snow park, a lot of people are using it. The gondola-based night course is one of the biggest ones in Tohoku region, and the fact that you can enjoy snow life all day would be another pleasure. It is easy to stay because there are skier beds in the ski resort.
Iwasakishinden, Waga-cho, Kitakami-shi, Iwate
Shizukuishi Ski Resort
- Shizukuishi Ski Resort is a big ski slope representing northern Tohoku. It is a popular ski resort for offering courses that are good enough to enjoy skiing, because of which the world cup and a lot of games have been held. It features a course layout that you can enjoy long runs and a slope change that you can enjoy mogul slope or powder snow. You may have the image that the above would be suitable for experts, but beginners can also enjoy since there are many gentle slopes. There is "Shizukuishi Prince Hotel" in the base area, and it is nice to be able to heal fatigue at Shizukuishi Takakura Hot Spring that has been recognized as a hot spring heritage site. And also, you would be happy with the fact that the lift fee for pre-school children in the Prince snow ski resort "Kids Free Program" is free.
Takakura Onsen, Shizukuishi-cho, Iwate-gun, Iwate
Hachimantai Resort Shimokura Ski Resort
- The Hachimantai Resort Shimokura Ski Resort is a ski resort for mainly moderate to advanced skiers that is surrounded by the majestic Mount Iwate and Hachimantai. The snowfall and snow quality is also stable every year and during the peak season, you can get to enjoy silky powder snow in the non-compacted areas etc. A permanent snow ride area equipped with a range of items such as jump cars, kickers, banks, etc., is available at the bottom of the white course, allowing even beginners to have fun. Information on the non-compacted snow zones for the day can be found at the powder station. As you can transfer to the Panorama Ski Resort located in the same resort using the shuttle bus service, you will be able to enjoy skiing on 14 courses in 2 ski resorts.
Hachimantai Onsenkyo, Hachimantai-shi, Iwate Prefecture
Hachimantai Resort Panorama Ski Resort
- Surrounded by the majestic Mount Iwate and Hachimantai, the Hachimantai Resort Shimokura Ski Resort caters to mainly moderate and advanced skiers. The snowfall and snow quality is also stable every year and during the peak season, you can get to enjoy silky powder snow in the non-compacted areas etc. A permanent snow ride area equipped with a range of items such as jump cars, kickers, banks, etc., is available at the bottom of the white course, allowing even beginners to have fun. Information on the non-compacted snow zones for the day can be found at the powder station. As you can transfer to the Panorama Ski Resort located in the same resort using the shuttle bus service, you will be able to enjoy skiing on 14 courses in 2 ski resorts.
Hachimantai Onsenkyo, Hachimantai-shi, Iwate Prefecture