Alts Bandai Ski Resort
- The Hoshino Resort's Alts Bandai Ski Resort spreads out over 3 ridges at the foot of Mount Bandai and boasts of a total of 29 courses that are the largest in the Tohoku region. It prides itself on the rich variety of ski slopes that it offers to both beginners and advanced skiers alike. It also has non-compacted snow zones known as natural zones, which lets you enjoy powder snow of the highest quality after the snow falls. The snow park is equipped with items to meet different levels of skills from beginners to experts, allowing people to ski safely. Of course, there is also a dedicated digger deployed permanently in the ski resort, ensuring the quality of the item is of the highest level.
6838-68, Aza-Shimizudaira, Oaza-Sarashina, Bandai-machi
Inawashiro Ski Resort
- The Inawashiro Ski Resort is spread on the side of Mount Bandai and is a large-scale ski resort made up of the Central area and Minero area. Both areas command a splendid view of Lake Inawashiro and the skiers get the sensation of diving into the lake while sliding down the slope. The central area features a wide and flat track suited for beginners and families. There is also a kids’ park for small children to play in a safe environment. On the other hand, the Minero Area offers one of the most challenging downhill runs in Tohoku and they are for intermediates and experts. Especially the upper section called “Akahani Giant Slalom Course” is famous for its mogul slope but it is also very popular as a course to enjoy the finest powder snow after the snowfall. If you go to Inawashiro, it is recommended to become a member of the Ribbon CLUB. You need to pay a membership fee of 500 yen but each time you visit the resort, you can get a ticket at a discount rate and the members can ride the Hayama Second Beginners Lift and the Minero Second Beginners’ Lift for free.
7105 Hayama, Inawahiromachi-aza, Yama-gun, Fukushima
Inawashiro Resort Ski Area
- The Grand Sunpia Inwasahiro Resort Ski Area offers an impressive view of Lake Inawashiro from the peak of the mountain at an elevation of 1250 meters. The six-passenger express gondola “Sky Shuttle” takes the visitors to the summit at one stretch. There are varied and interesting slopes and runs including a long run from the summit to the base area suited for the intermediate skiers and a forest run for beginners. The Niagara run with maximum grade of 40 degrees is exclusively for advanced skiers. There is a child/infant-care center with certified child-care staff that cater for families with small children. In the “Grand Sunpia Inawashiro Resort Hotel” located at the skiing site, the skiers can soak in kakenagashi-type baths (type of bath where bath water is not reused) with natural hot spring water to relax after skiing.
7126 Wataba, Inawashiro-machi, Yama-gun, Fukushima
Urabandai Ski Resort
- Urabandai Ski Resort is a compact ski area with three runs using a wide swath of open space with good visibility located on the northern face of Mount Bandai. There is a well-maintained, safe Kids Park and a 500-meter-long tubing course installed that cater to families and beginners. There is a Snow Park beside the Third Romance Lift with recreational items such as one makes and rails suited for snowboarders’ exercises. There are mogul runs adequate for advanced skiers who like to take up a challenge. In the Ski Center, there is a restaurant directly managed by the Urabandai Kogen Hotel that will satisfy the visitors who are fussy about food. The area has plenty of snow activities, of which the snow-shoe trekking starting from the mountain peak to the Akanuma Pond and its surroundings is very popular.
1170-5 Obudairayama, Hibara-aza, Kitashiobaramura-oaza, Yama-gun, Fukushima
Grandeco Snow Resort
- The Grandeco Snow Resort has a base elevation exceeding 1000 m and is popular as a ski resort where you can enjoy abundant snowfall and exquisite snow quality in the Urabandai area. It opens in early December every year and enjoys the length of the business season that is until the consecutive holidays in May. There are many slopes for beginners and intermediates, and beginners and families can enjoy skiing with a sense of ease. A beginner’s course, which is 3,500 m from the gondola station at the top of the mountain, is also available. On the upper slope, there is also a nature mogul slope course and a non-compacted snow slope, which can be enjoyed by advanced skiers. As for the lifts, the mobility is excellent because there are only quad lifts and gondola lifts. Moreover, as all the quads have hoods, you will be glad that you will feel less cold while using them. In "Hotel Grandeco," which is directly connected to the ski slopes, you can enjoy the best snow life as it is equipped with an indoor pool and a natural hot spring public bath.
Arasunasawayama Hibara, Kitashiobara-mura, Yama-gun, Fukushima
Minowa Ski Resort
- Minowa Ski Resort has its peak skiing area at the altitude of 1,500 meters above sea level and offers 11 runs with the large amount of snowfalls and good snow quality. Even the base area of the slopes is as high as 1000 meters. The snowmaking machine equipment is introduced in 80% of the skiing areas which enables skiing for a long period from late November until the Golden week. The skiing areas include varied runs that cater for the needs of skiers of all levels from beginner to advanced. There are well-designed beginner runs from the top of peak so that beginners can enjoy skiing all the way down to the base while enjoying a view from the peak.
Yokomuki, Inawashiro-machi, Yama-gun, Fukushima
Listel Ski Fantasia
- Listel Ski resort is a private ski resort run by the adjacent Hotel Risa Inawashiro. It is famous due to it's good quality of slope where Japan National camp holders are held.
Listel Park, Kawageta-oaza, Inawashiro-machi, Yama-gun, Fukushima
Daikura Ski Resort
- Aizu Kogen Daikura Ski Resort boasts abundance of snowfalls and good snow quality with all runs facing northeast. The ski area is made up mainly of relatively wide intermediate slopes and gentle slopes and those who are not confident about skiing on the steeper slopes can ski at ease. The Daikura area offers advanced runs and you can ski in lots of powder snow after the snowfall. The snowmaking machine installed on the piste provides stable and perfect skiing and boarding conditions throughout the season. The staff receive mostly favorable customer evaluation. In the base area, there is a freeride park and numerous well-maintained items are installed from the full-scale half pipes to the jumps for free riders to enjoy.
Hirutakiyama-aza, Haryu, Minamiaizu-machi, Minamiaizu-gun, Fukushima
Aizu Kogen Takatsue Ski Resort
- The Aizu Kogen Takatsue Ski Resort is a ski resort located at the foot of Mount Takakura whose summit exceeds 1600m in altitude. It consists of a total of 15 ski courses varying in difficulty levels to cater to both beginners and advanced skiers. It is also famous for its superb powdery snow during the peak season due to the height of its summit. The ski slopes high in difficulty level are congregated at the top while the slopes for beginners and families are concentrated at the bottom, allowing people to ski safely. Takatsue is also popular for being equipped with a full-scale half-pipe and there are also many half-pipe training courses for beginners during the season, making it a popular training spot for many people.
535, Takatsuehara, Minamiaizu-machi, Minamiaizu-gun, Fukushima Prefecture
Aizu Kogen Takahata Ski Resort
- Aizu Kogen Takahata Ski Resort is the only purpose-built ski area in the Aizu Koen area that offers well-compacted snow surface for every skier. The ski area is made up of varied runs that can accommodate skiers of all levels from the beginner to advanced. There are many long runs with intermediate slopes for intermediate skiers to enjoy high-speed carving turns. For beginners and families, there are gentle slope runs with the maximum width of 100m so that they can practice skiing in a safe environment.
20-3 Ichinomama-aza, Omomo, Minamiaizu-machi, Minamiaizu-gun, Fukushima
Aizu Kogen Nango Ski Resort
- Aizu Kogen Nango Ski Resort is highly popular for its free park with half pipes laid out by the professional park designers. The park is divided into different sections depending on the boarders’ levels that contain kickers in different sizes and varied jibs. There are several types of half pipes so that the boarders can choose the favorite pipes depending on their levels. In the upper section, there are runs for intermediate and advanced skiers and they can enjoy skiing on powder snow after the snowfall. This area is usually ungroomed with lots of moguls. It is a secret ski spot far away from the highway interchange. There is a day visit spa in “Sakai Hot Springs Sayuri Inn” located at the base area where the skiers/boarders can relax and heal the body after skiing.
293 Yunoiri, Sakai-aza, Minaiaizu-machi, Minamiaizu-gun, Fukushima
Tadami Ski Resort
- Tadami Ski Resort is a compact-size ski area mainly made up of intermediate and steep slopes and also has varied runs with mogul slopes and flat groomed runs. Apart from skiing and boarding, there are plenty of evens and recreation activities peculiar to the snow country. The area boasts good amount of snow and snow quality during the season and there are many days you can ski on excellent powder snow at peak time.
Tadami, Tadami-machi, Minamiaizu-gun, Fukushima
Hinoemata Onsen Ski Resort
- The ski resort is located across a river in the hot springs district and is faced with Mount Aizu-Komagatake. The simple and serene ambience of the hot spring district is another appeal. In front of the ski center house, there is a hos spa leisure facility called “Aruza Oze no Sato” equipped with a swimming pool and hot spring facilities, so that visitors enjoy after-skiing activities.
1150 Mitoori-aza, Hinoemata-mura, Minamiaizu-gun, Fukushima
Adatara Kogen Ski Resort
- Adatara Kogen Ski Resort is spread on the halfway up Mount Adatara and boasts the abundance of excellent powder snow. Located at high altitude, the amount of snowfall and snow quality are stable during the season and you can enjoy skiing on excellent powder snow during the peak season. The ski area is made up of the slopes for intermediate and advanced skiers in the top section and the slopes for beginners in the lower section. There are mogul runs and tracks with flex poles as well. The Snow Park is located in the base area. For children, there is a space called “Wanpaku Hiroba” equipped with 50-meter-long snow escalator which is very popular among children. The ski area is often affected by strong winds, so it’s best to visit the area in February and March when the winds settle down and good powder snow is guaranteed.
Nagasaka Kokuyurin, Nagata-aza, Nihonmatsu-shi, Fukushima